Use this discount code for $100 off the registration fee: MICHAELCAIRNS100This year it will be a different conference having undergone a needed top-to-bottom revision of content and purpose. I am looking forward to it since I have not attended in several years and, I anticipate a revised interest in new topics and digital constructs which all of us in the industry will be managing through over the next few years.
In an effort to manage the content and subject coverage for DWB this year Ted Hill, the new conference manager, has created the following focus areas which are all being led by 'captains' who have managed the selection of speakers and scope of their respective channels:
- Editorial Acquisitions + Development: Laura Dail, president of Laura Dail Literary Agency, Inc.
- Production + Distribution: Bill Kasdorf, vice president and principal consultant of Apex Content Solutions
- Marketing + Sales: Rick Pascocello, marketing consultant and literary agent with Glass Literary Management
- Analysis + Reporting: Kempton Mooney, senior director of research and analytics for Nielsen Book
- DBW Indie Author: Jane Friedman, editor and publisher of TheHotSheet, columnist with PublishersWeekly, a professor with The Great Courses, and an award-winning blogger at JaneFriedman.com; and Porter Anderson, co-founder of The Hot Sheet, editor-in-chief of PublishingPerspectives, and principal of Porter Anderson Media
If you haven't been to DBW in a number of years - or even if you have - the 2017 conference will be a well-timed revision and well worth a look. Let me know if you are there and we can plan to meet.