Friday, February 22, 2008

Mills & Boon in India

The BBC takes up the story of Mills & Boon (Harlequin) entering the Indian market which I noted a few weeks ago. Link
Although Mills and Boon - which has nearly three-quarters of the romantic market in its home country of the UK - is only now launching in India, their books are already popular in the country because they have been unofficially introduced from abroad.
Many in the reading group describe themselves as long-time readers.

Reading groups members acknowledge the stories are fanciful. Rachana Srivastava, for example, says that she grew up on a "staple diet" of the publisher's works, which have moulded her perception of the ideal man.

My post: Hold on to your Sari (I really only note it because I was particularly proud of my headline).

No comments: